Creating a credit note against a sales order
Users can create a credit note against a sales order once a sales order has reached a stage of 'Confirmed' by selecting 'Generate Credit Note' from the 'Actions' drop-down.
Before a credit note can be issued, users should follow the sales order process:
- Create a sales order. Ensure all information is valid.
- Add any relevant parts to the sales order and save.
- Once the sales order has been sent to the customer, select 'Mark as sent' from the sales order Actions drop-down.
- Once the sales order has been confirmed by the customer, select 'Mark as confirmed' from the sales order Actions drop-down.
- With the sales order marked as 'confirmed', a new option to 'Generate credit note' will display in the sales order Actions drop-down.
- Selecting 'Generate credit note' will open a pop-up window where users can enter all relevant credit note data. Once complete, select save.