Settings Terminology: Companies & contacts
- Interactions are a way to record your dealings with a company/contact to show the time spent dealing with them.
- There is a default list of interaction types: Email, Fax, Incoming Call, Left Voicemail, Meeting, Outgoing Call and Social Media, but this list can be updated to help meet the needs of your sales users.
- Company Type is used as a way to categorise the companies that you have on your CRM. There is default options for 'Customer' and 'Supplier', but additional options can be added.
- Address Type is used as a way to categorise the address(es) that you store against a company in Flowlens. We include a default option of 'Head Office'
- Additional types can be added to the system.
- Sectors are used within the Flowlens application as a further way to categorise leads and report on business sectors.
- Users can create a list of marketing preferences relevant to their customers.
- These preferences will display as checkboxes within the 'Edit User' GDPR compliance section.
- When defining the consent of a contact for GDPR, if you obtained the customer data and or their consents from a third party rather than the customer directly, you can record the source of the data too.
- This option allows users to setup and update the list of sources that are use for contacts and companies in their system.
- A dropdown found within 'Edit Contact' in the Flowlens application.
- Users can define the popular roles of the individuals your company deals with, which will populate this dropdown against a contact, and also provide a search filter for your contacts index page or when creating a Marketing list.
! Only certain users will have access to all areas covered in this glossary.