Sending A Sales Invoice to Xero
In most cases you'll have created a Sales Order in Flowlens, and wish to generate one or more invoices against this.
- Navigate to the Sales Order you wish to invoice, and ensure it is confirmed.
- Click Actions, and Generate Invoice. A new screen will appear.
- Check the line items and details, and click Save Invoice
- Click Actions, and click either
- 'Authorise Invoice' to send a finalised invoice, or
- 'Send to Accountancy Package' to send a draft invoice to Xero
- If the Company is not found in Xero, you'll be asked whether you wish to create a new company, or associate with an existing Xero record.
- To Refresh the status of the invoice from Xero, click Actions - Refresh from Accountancy Package. If a payment has been logged in Xero, this will update the status. Please note that Flowlens automatically checks the status of authorised status invoices once a day.
- Users must have the 'Finance' in order to create and send invoices.
- Please ensure your Flowlens Administrator has updated Nominal Accounts and Tax Rates from Xero via the Flowlens Settings.
- To generate an Invoice without a Sales Order, simply navigate to the Flowlens Finances > Sales Invoices page, and create an invoice directly.